This Heart's Desire...

...I so desperately wanted some form of work experience for fashion journalism - but being the competitive world we all know it is and the whole health and safety etc... everywhere requested you be 18 and over. Woe is me...

Luckily, I spoke too soon, and now out-of-the blue you're looking at a page belonging to the brand new newsletter/paper EDITOR and contributer for The Shop, Cambridge UK. The Shop is a project I have been avidly involved in, from workshops and shows, exhibitions, gigs, tango lessons, talks...you name it and it's bound to have happened at this community arts space, re-opened last year by Nikki Goldup and Georgia Artus. I helped with the organisation behind events and getting the shop ready for its opening last summer - including decorating various items of furniture, as well as invigilating various exhibitions and publicising, what was going on down there, widely.

I now have lots of contacts and love the volunteer work I do there. It seems my hard work all summer paid off and now that I have the time I'm back in the picture, even more so than before.
I've been sorting through the emails and am so excited about the upcoming launch of the newsletter/paper, keep your eyes pealed and I'll put some posts up on here! I've been given all the press contacts as well as various designers/artists/exhibitors and it's better than I could've hoped. I'll keep you all updated.

Love,

M x

ps - for more information on the shop and it's events just email me! and when the newsletter comes out you'll have all the info. you need =)

1 comment:

Demi said...

oh wow, i didnt know that!
thanks for the tip honey, i'll check it out!!

xx